Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 15

As I was sitting in the painfully long 75 minute stats class today, I started talking to the girl sitting next to me (we were desperately attempting to figure out how to graph our histograms.) Anyway, she mentioned that she missed class on Monday because she missed her flight from home and imagine my surprise when she told me that home is Rwanda! I've known for a while that we have a lot of international students at Chapman but I had never met anyone from Africa. I didn't get the chance to talk to her much (and sadly I think she is dropping the class, smart move!) but I was inspired by the short conversation that we did have. I find that a lot of people, and myself sometimes included, can be guilty of dreading going to class or doing our homework when really I should be a lot more appreciative of the opportunities that I have in being here.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment