Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Life as a photo album

Maybe art and photography are appealing to many people because they are up for interpretation. Unlike numbers or formulas, works of art are not "defined" by anything in particular, but usually are left up to the imagination of the viewer to create the back story or the details of what the artist wanted to convey. I was thinking about this today, as I was looking through "beautiful" photography collections online. Some of the photos depict a breathtaking landscape or city scene, while others make you look twice and wonder, what is so great about this? Have you ever looked at a piece of art and thought, wow, that's really not so good, I bet I could do that!? The trick here is to look at it through the eyes of someone else. See what they saw when they created their masterpiece.

Take a look at your life through the lens of a photographer. What moments would you want to capture on film? What would others see as "beautiful" versus what you think about your own life? Here are a few snapshots of what I'd like to share from my everyday life. Ordinary or extraordinary, these are the daily beauties that I am fortunate enough to have in my life!



  • One of the first things that I see in the morning after I wake up is my wall with pictures of my friends, family, and good memories. It's a simple reminder of what to be thankful for each day.


  • Here's a view of my apartment (not the most glamorous of residences!) but I feel so fortunate to have a place to live, with a really great roommate/friend, and to be on campus.


  • My coffee cup (at Starbucks, of course.) I'm always entertained how the barista spells my name (sometimes they get really creative!) and a cup of coffee is something that I love about every day.


  • A picture of my adorable dog, which is also the background of my phone, always puts a smile on my face. How can you not laugh when you look at this picture?! I think it's beautiful because it helps keep me smiling any time I check my phone.


  • And lastly, a photo representing where I've been and where I want to go. Traveling is a beautiful thing! Enough said.

How about you? What photos capture the beauty in your life?

4 comments:

  1. Luv your post today Candice! Your pictures are awesome - thanks for sharing:)

    I haven't figured out how to post pics in a comment. Maybe next time I fire up my laptop I could post a link to my snapfish photos....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can easily see how the silly photo of your puppy could make you smile. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Maggie made me laugh out loud!!!! She is adorable-miss her little self -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete