Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 17

It's official... I have the most amazing sorority sisters on the face of the planet!! I'll admit, I was not entirely looking forward to this past weekend (it happens every year) because I am already feeling overwhelmed with school work and slightly unorganized with the start of this crazy school year. I wasn't ready to leave campus for an entire weekend, stay in a school auditorium, and listen to why recruitment is so important. However, once I got there on Friday.. I knew it was going to be a good weekend. It was exactly what I needed after being abroad for a semester and feeling disconnected from all things AGD. Every one of my sorority sisters are incredibly loving, outgoing, and willing to talk to you about absolutely anything or help you out if you need it. I think I knew that before this weekend but spending three days with all 80+ of them reaffirmed it. Some of the girls who initiated last fall I still barely knew since I lived off campus last year and then left for France. I feel so much closer to many of them and I honestly believe that I could call any woman and she would answer her phone, willing to do anything to help or listen or whatever the case may be. I love that sense of support! I don't think I could have found that in anything else during college and I am so blessed to be a part of it.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment