Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 35

The past week has been a challenging one, and I'll admit, has definitely had its ups and downs. But it is times like these that I look to the people around me for positive energy since I can't always rely on myself. It is incredibly interesting to tune into the little things that people do and start to realize that the phrase "you find what you're looking for" is absolutely, 100% true. I have found that often times, it isn't even the people closest to me (who I would expect to be overwhelmingly uplifting) who are a source of positivity. Sometimes it is the people who I don't even have frequent contact with that reach out to me with impeccable timing. Lately it has even just been inspiring people that I've found out about through the internet - people that I have never (and probably never will) meet.With that said, I want to share a quote that a friend, who is in Ohio, passed along to me today that is really appropriate for the week that I've had: “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart I'll always be with you.”

I guess what I'm trying to say is you never know who's day you're going to make, and you never know who might brighten yours. So even if you reach out to one person each day, I promise you, you will find a reason to smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment