Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 67, 68, 69, 70


It seems to be a trend that around Thursday I start winding down and lagging on posting. That's ok because today I will update for the past couple of days.

Thursday - Sometimes you just have a great day, for no particular reason, and that's exactly the type of thing I'm striving for everyday to be. There doesn't have to be an "event" or a particular something that you can point to in order to smile and stay positive. I am still working on this, but I can say that my Thursday was pretty awesome for absolutely no reason - which is the goal!

Friday
- I ventured to the cupcakery in the circle to try a pumpkin cupcake, in the spirit of November of course, and it's amazing what a cupcake can do to brighten your day! Highly recommend that to anyone looking for a pick-me-up.

Saturday
- I went to San Diego for the PRSSA national conference, and it was an entire day of inspiration. After listening to the various speakers give their presentations, I discovered a lot of insight into my own personal career goals and aspirations. But the best part of the day was actually the exact event that I was dreading, the hour and a half drive down to the conference. It wasn't necessarily the driving that I was not looking forward to, but the fact that I had to begin the day at the ridiculous hour of 4:30 a.m. I started heading down around 6:00 and discovered one of my new favorite things in the entire world - the peaceful feeling when you are driving down an empty highway, listening to good music, and watching the sunrise. I think that was one of the most beautiful, serene, 90 minutes that I've ever spent in a car. Now I'm looking for more opportunities to do it again.

Sunday
- Always a day of relaxation, I spent today sleeping in, working out, and procrastinating on homework (which eventually got done, but I can blame it for the reason I couldn't post to my blog any earlier than right now!) I've started to realize the value of learning outside of the classroom as opposed to constantly worrying about my grades, so although I still take my schoolwork very seriously I'll admit I am more laid back about my general education classes (i.e. the religion paper that I just finished!) Another moment of inspiration today, actually one that relates to the religion paper, was the topic of the war in Iraq. I am extremely opposed to it, sorry if that offends anyone, and after learning more about it I realized that I'm fascinated by international affairs and politics. It'd be a pretty cool area to pursue, but I don't have any solid plans for now, just figured I'd open my mind to any door that comes my way.

That's all for now.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment