Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 85

How often have you caught yourself saying or thinking, "Someday I'm going to..." or "I could do that..." but then not really taking any action to make sure that it happens? I think it is human nature to behave this way, and I know that I catch myself doing it way too often. Well most recently, I have felt that I wanted to start crafting (cards, picture frames, jewelry..the list is endless) but for some reason I have never actually "made" the time for it and have always had excuses. Today I ventured to Long Beach with a couple of friends for a craft fair and was surrounded by a lot of creative, inspiring work that people had poured their heart and soul into. It was awesome to see all of the neat jewelry, clothing, bags, pictures, and other trinkets that people had handmade and were selling. We spent the afternoon browsing and purchasing a few small items but the most exciting part of the day was the realization that if I really want to do something, then it is as simple as just doing it!!! I met tons of people today who loved their work, and I think that I could enjoy it too, if I actually took the time to pursue the creative things that I enjoy so much. It's a great start to the hectic week coming up because I know I will need a distraction from the looming pile of homework and study guides that seems to be never ending...

I think Nike said it best:


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment