Sunday, June 6, 2010

Measuring success

As I am sitting here watching the Lakers-Celtics game, I couldn't help but look up "John Wooden's Pyramid of Success" because the commentators refered to his recent death and his inspiring lifestyle several times. Out of curiousity, I decided to look into it. For those of you who do not know, he was a basketball coach, most known for leading UCLA to several national championship titles. He was known for his leadership style and developed something called the Pyramid of Success which I've attached here.


I think that "sucess" is a gray area - what defines success to one person may be entirely different than what someone else thinks. I really like this approach because it encompasses the thngs that truly are important in life - much more so than titles or awards. I think it's incredible that someone who was known for his national titles and awards still believes that confidence, enthusiasm, and friendship, among other things, are the true characteristics of "success."

What about you - how do you define success in your own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment