Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New year, new..blog?

There is something about "new" aspects in life that is exciting. Maybe it is just purely for the fact that it provides an outlet outside of our usual routine, or prevents us from getting into a boring "rut," but I think whether it's a hobby, or a new favorite song, the possibilities are endless when you open yourself up to new opportunities.

I like to think of New Years as a reminder that each day is a chance to work toward a goal, or be a better person, or whatever it may be that you want to accomplish. However, I don't think that New Years is a chance to procrastinate on all of your goals, only to work toward them for the first few weeks, and then leave them behind in the "resolution pile" along with everyone else's fitness aspirations and unfulfilled promises to quit this habit or start a new one.

That being said, I'd like to take this new opportunity to continue writing for The Daily Challenge, but not in the confines of what I've normally been writing about. I spent the past year and a half blogging about positivity and happiness and while it was incredibly rewarding, I want to shift gears to be more open and inclusive to new perspectives that do not necessarily fit into that category. I love music, art, traveling and reading, and I want to include these new topics into my blog. The way I see it - the new Daily Challenge is to find something so inspiring and uplifting that I can't wait to get home and share it with all of you, my dear readers.

In the meantime, check out my friend/fellow blogger's incredible heartwarming post. Guaranteed to make you smile!


Peace and love.
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment