Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 20: Good morning, readers!


Good morning and happy Monday. Today I write from the other side of the country and I have to say, it's nice to actually see the sunrise and not wake up to the morning fog!

Although I am not in school this year, the end of August continues to bring a sense of new beginnings and goal setting (and the occasional urge to buy a new planner or nice pens.) Times of change are exciting, full of challenges and ups and downs. Sometimes it feels chaotic, other times it is exhilarating. 

Today I read a commencement speech given by Steve Jobs in 2005 at Stanford University. After his recent news of departure from Apple, I wanted to learn more about the man who has changed the technology and music industries and the world as we knew it. I encourage you to read his speech, as it is an timely reminder of hope and living life to the fullest each day. By asking himself each day, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?", he created a sense of purpose and fulfillment that many others may overlook. If you were to ask yourself that very question, what might your answer be?

Share your thoughts here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment