Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 5

A few days ago I started reading a book about "the myth of stress" (recommended by my Dad) and I am already trying to apply it to my daily activties. The theory behind the book is an interesting one - the author argues that stress is a completely unneccessary excuse that people use on a regular basis. I think it is a great point because how many times do we find ourselves saying "oh I'm so stressed out" or "what a stressful day I'm having." When you think about it, it really doesn't make any sense! We are in control of each day of our lives and believe it or not, have choices to make everyday - either to lead a happy life or twist everything around to being negative and awful. I only hope that I can remember that when I am juggling my schedule this semester! I've already decided that I am going to give it my best and there really is not much more I can do. I'll make to-do lists (as usual!) and make sure I fit in time with friends and sorority events but there is only so much time in a day and as long as I am being productive and keeping my grades up, I will be happy with myself. I'm going to refer back to the book whenever I am feeling overwhelmed and I am also going to remind myself that I am in control of each day! I think I'm already off to a great start to the semester.

Happy Saturday.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment