Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 4

Wow, today was awesome! I think I picked a great week to start this blog because things seem to be shaping up pretty great. I'm finding that when I give it a chance, everyone around me is an inspiration! When you truly listen to what people are saying and witness the support, guidance, and love they are demonstrating, it is incredible to realize how powerful anyone can be. I am so grateful for all of the supportive people in my life and I feel incredibly lucky to have thier positive attitudes making a difference in my life. (Mom, I hope you know I'm talking to you!)

Today was the last day of my summer internship which was sad at first because I really enjoyed the experience I had and I can't say that I'm ready to leave quite yet (although I definitely am looking forward to being back at Chapman!!) I had the opportunity to have lunch with the "team" that I worked with this summer and it started to hit me how much I will miss all of them. Everyday, the internship was a positive learning and educational experience and I feel that I gained a lot of valuable things from these past few months. I am so fortunate that I had the opportunity! As the day went on, and I realized that I couldn't keep the huge smile off of my face because of how much I truly enjoy work (the people, the environment, my extremely supportive and helpful boss/mentor, and my job - could there possibly be anything more than that?!,) I started to reflect. Well actually I've been reflecting a lot lately but today was the cherry on top - I decided I want to come back during winter break to continue my job because I loved it so much! That is a pretty great feeling and I can honestly say I am already looking forward to December...

Also today I had the opportunity to share my pictures and stories from Europe with a couple family friends which was awesome. I love sharing my stories and remembering all of the good times I had over there! I am already deciding where my next adventure will be.


But until then..I'll keep on smiling!


:)




1 comment:

  1. Candice we'll miss you around the office though we are thrilled to know you'll be back! You did great work for us this summer -- especially loved the animated video you did on your next-to-the last day of your internship!

    Have a great semester at Chapman. You know we wish you all the best. Hope we are all able to reconnect at KMWorld in November!!

    ReplyDelete