Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 88


Today solidified the reason why I write this blog in the first place... too many things seemed to be going wrong, and when I took a step back and thought about it, I was being overly dramatic (as I think is normal when it seems to be "one of those days.") Today also proved to me the power of the people you surround yourself with. When I took a look around at the people I was with throughout the course of the day, every one of them has an equal amount or more responsibilities and things going on in their life right now than I do, and not one of them were complaining! As a matter of fact, everyone that I talked to today had a smile on their face, and I think this is the first time that I've ever noticed that. Realizing that was powerful because I was able to recognize that it really is to your advantage to surround yourself with positive people. You'll find that it is nearly impossible not to smile or laugh, even when you think that nothing is going right!

:)

3 comments:

  1. We can choose how we feel about everything we experience....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Candice! At the most recent Fed book club meeting, we discussed the book "Go Put Your Strengths to Work." (remember that one??!!) Michelle V., the discussion leader, shared that in our culture people typically have one positive thought to every 20 negative thoughts. In eastern cultures, if I heard her correctly, the ratio is 1:5 (positive to negative). Anyway, keep up the focus on the positive which is awesome and obviously filling a gap in our society!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, one to twenty?! That is hard to believe!! That was an awesome book by the way. Maybe everyone should read it and the ratio would be more like twenty positive thoughts to every one negative!!

    ReplyDelete