Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 92

Today it rained the entire day and it was the first change in weather that I have seen since being here all semester. It's funny how one day of rain can throw you off completely after you are used to being in the sunshine seven days a week. It's even funnier how many people whine and complain when literally, I think in the 2 1/2 years of being here for school, it has rained a total of maybe five days, give or take a few. So I started thinking today, what is a "positive?" It rained all day, was gloomy and overcast, and I am adding more things to my to-do list than accomplishing. Hmmm. It took a lot of thought, but I finally realized: Nature needs rain to flourish, survive, and grow beautiful flowers and trees. So without the rain, we couldn't have the beautiful things that surround us everyday, that we take advantage of and sometimes don't even notice. Could this be the same for our very own lives? Without the hard times we can't appreciate the great. And without struggles we can't appreciate accomplishments.

Who knew that rain could be such a deep subject?!

Happy Monday. Bring on the thunderstorms!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment