Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 116

Before going into a few things I want to note about today, I have to mention a few things that I learned this past weekend.
1.) Never, ever, ever, sit in the front row of a 3-d action movie. It's a disastrous combination (I think I literally spent 24 hours recovering from nausea and the headache that I had during the entire movie from craning my neck while trying to remind myself that the characters were not actually popping out of the screen two feet from my face.) By the way the movie was Avatar, which I highly recommend. I'm not really into sci-fi (at all actually) but I thought it was phenomenal.
2.) It's official, my new favorite indulgence at Starbucks is a cinnamon dolce latte with soy milk. I've even upgraded to a grande (usually I only get tall drinks when I order it hot, grande for an iced drink.) This is the perfect solution to beating the 8 degree winter blues.
3. ) I may have made the best $1 investment of my entire life on Sunday, when I decided to purchase my first "idea journal." I believe this will help connect the dots of my constant flow of ideas (I don't think my brain knows how to turn off!) And hopefully I can start to make sense of all the wild ideas I've had lately.
4.) My new destination of choice for this year is Washington D.C. (Yes, it may have something to do with the fact that The Lost Symbol takes place in D.C. and the entire book focuses on all the secrets hidden within the city.) Regardless of that fact, I am almost embarrassed to admit that I have been all over Europe but haven't even seen my own nation's capital! Yikes! I think it's time I pay a visit to the city and see what this country is all about!

I think that's it for this weekend. As far as today goes, I have a few songs I heard on the way home (as I was sitting in traffic, trying with all of my will power to be patient and remember what I wrote the other day about "slowing down" and admiring what's around me.) The first song is ridiculously cheesy, but actually makes a good point. It's Kris Allen's "Live Like We're Dying."

I couldn't help but think of this blog the entire time I was listening to it. So I decided I had to include some of the lyrics in case you don't have the chance to listen to it (but I recommend that you do!)

Yeah, gotta start
Looking at the hand of the time we’ve been given here
This is all we got and we gotta start thinkin’ it
Every second counts on a clock that’s tickin’
Gotta live like we’re dying
We only got 86 400 seconds in a day
To turn it all around or throw it all away
We gotta tell ‘em that we love ‘em while we got the chance to say,
Gotta live like we’re dying

And if you plane fell out of the skies
Who would you call with your last goodbyes
Should be so careful who we live out of our lives
So when we long for absolution, there’ll be no one on the line

(Chorus)

Like we’re dying (x4)

(Chorus)

You never know a good thing until it’s gone
you never see a crash until its head on
All these people right when we’re dead wrong,
You never know a good thing till it’s gone



And lastly, the only song that kept me sane on the drive home was The Isley Brothers' "Shout!" The energy in this song is infectious! And I swear it can cure any case of impatience you may have while you're sitting in traffic. Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment