Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 119

It's another one of those days: I'm almost overwhelmed with the amount of joy and happiness in my mind and heart that I don't even know how to focus my thoughts enough to write my blog post! Let me start by sharing a quote from the latest book I am reading, The Secret (by Rhonda Byrne), something that was passed along to me by my mom and I will admit, has already begun to change my life. If you open up your mind to the ideas in the book I think it could change yours too! I will write more about this incredible book once I finish it in the next couple of days. Anyway here is the quote that really struck me as powerful from the first half of the book that I read last night: "You are the most powerful magnet in the Universe! You contain a magnetic power within you that is more powerful than anything in this world, and this unfathomable magnetic power is emitted through your thoughts."

Take a moment to read through that one more time. Think about everything that you perceive as "negative" or "just isn't going your way" in your life. Now think about how you can change your thoughts to create a positive energy, from whatever your "negative" thoughts may be. The job that didn't work out? Guess what, something better is on the way if you believe you can achieve it. The friend that let you down? How about all of the people who are lifting you up and bringing joy to your life? The traffic on the way to work? How about seeing it as time spent relaxing and karaoke-ing loudly to your favorite tunes on the highway (yes, I may have spent my entire drive home doing just that.) I could sit here for hours thinking of scenarios and providing examples of why there is always positivity and happiness to be found in your life, if it is what you desire. That brings me to my next point, doesn't everyone WANT happiness? Isn't joy and beauty what you would ideally want each day to be filled with? News flash: A world like this does exist - We're living in it. I challenge everyone to open their eyes to see the beauty in their life, and to share it with others. I'd love to hear your thoughts and stories, I strongly believe this type of positive energy spreads fast when shared among friends, peers, family, etc. Do yourself a favor and share something great with the people around you.

And trust me, today is beautiful, and tomorrow will be too. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment