Friday, January 22, 2010

Rainy with a chance of beautiful

I am convinced that the coolest thing in the world happened to me today. Ok maybe I'm exaggerating just a little... but let me tell you the story so YOU can decide!


As many of you know, since you live in California, it has been raining incredibly hard lately. So much in fact, that I heard a few days ago there were tornado warnings and I keep hearing about flooding and lightening and all that other craziness! (Which for me is really hard to believe because in the 2 ½ years of being out there for school I’ve only seen a handful of rainy days.) Anyway I was talking to a friend the other day and in reference to the rain, being the “cheesy-optimist-seeker” that I am, I told her that you have to go through the storms to see a rainbow at the end. Well in actuality I was referring to life in general because she has been going through some difficult things lately and I thought that the quote was fitting to both her personal life, and the weather. Also, I wasn’t being 100% honest that there is a rainbow at the end of every storm because I think I can count on one hand the number of full rainbows I have ever seen in my life. I digress. SO back to the point of my story… today I receieved a picture message from this same friend, and you know what it said? “You were right about the rainbow.” And attached to it was a gorgeous 180 degree RAINBOW!!!! Wow! I told her that she made my day but in fact, that might be one of the coolest moments of my entire life because it has really opened up my eyes to the bigger picture.

So, if the 180 degree rainbow isn’t a sign that good will come of anything – then what is? I honestly believe that today was a confirmation of what I have been thinking for a while: you really can find anything that you’re looking for - there really is beauty in everything – all you have to do is want to see it and voila! There it is.

How about you? Ever had an experience where something beautiful seemed to appear out of nowhere? I think today may have been the most "eye-opening" but wow, I'm still on such a high of great energy and happiness! It's funny how the little things really can make your day.

2 comments:

  1. I have experienced beauty in the most ordinary human interactions....looking into the eyes of an elderly burn survivor whose face was not a recognizable human face....but his soul was joyful. We find what we are looking for....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's so true! It's amazing what the power of the mind can do. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete