Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday's tip of the day

So I realize that lately this has been more of a "tip of the day" or advice style blog, but I find that I am happiest when the people around me are filled with joy and happiness so I am taking the blog in the direction of inspiring others with the things that enlighten me each day (if that makes sense?) Anyway I'm looking to share what small things I find joy in every day life and hope that you too, can find something to smile about and share it with others! And it would be especially great if you shared your stories right HERE on this blog!! Just a thought :)

Today I had the opportunity to meet with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in at least two years. The crazy thing is I grew up with her (I babysat her from time-to-time as she is three years younger than me.) And the fact that I hadn't seen her in such a long time really blew my mind today when I realized how grown up she seemed! It is wild how much a person can grow in just two years. We talked for a long time and I felt so uplifted having had the chance to catch up with her. We chatted about school, friends, college, parents, anything a typical teenager would want to talk about. It was great to share stories and laughs and even reflect on how much I have changed the last few years!

Connecting with people keeps me energized! I love meeting up with old friends and finding out what they're up to and this and that and today was exactly what I needed (a perfect way to bring my six week "vacation" at home to an end.) My tip today is this: reach out to someone who you haven't seen in a while. It might be a friend, family member, or colleague, but someone who you've "lost touch with" over the years. Seeing them and hearing their stories and reflecting on good times together may just be the sunshine you need on your chilly winter day. :)

On a different note, here are a few great songs that helped me maintain patience on my traffic-filled ride home today.

Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
One Love - Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment