Sunday, April 11, 2010

Celebrating life

"You have to ask yourself whether anything you do in this life would have beauty and meaning without the knowledge you carry of a final line, a border or limit." (excerpt from DeLillo's White Noise.)

I find this quote to be an incredibly true way to approach each day. A friend of mine recently had a scary experience that shook me up a bit - and although I'll admit it freaked me out, I think what it did more was reaffirm the idea that you are not invincible. You have to enjoy today, right now, this moment - because you just can't know what is to come next! There is no certainty that tomorrow will come and that being said, you must live for today! Like the quote says - live with beauty and meaning - and cherish each and every day and the people you surround yourself with. Appreciating the small things really does make a huge difference.

Hope you're having an enjoyable Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment