Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 23: Banana Pancakes


Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" is my alarm sound, and every time I hear it I can't help but feel like I should be waking up and starting my day. Lately though, I've noticed that this is a great feeling! Instead of the tense and stressful start to the morning which is an easy habit to fall into, I wake up calm and energized. I owe part of this to the 30 Day Sunrise Challenge and a significant part to the song itself (I am a firm believer in avoiding any sort of obnoxious sound, and the traditional alarm beeping noise is exactly what I don't want to hear at 5:30 a.m.!)

I think it makes a huge difference to find a morning routine which works for you, even if it means waking up early to give yourself a few extra minutes to enjoy breakfast or a morning news show. Wherever you find your peace and calm, embrace it and incorporate it into each day! You may be surprised at how effective something as small as waking up to your favorite song can be.

Any tips for enjoying your morning routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment