Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fabulous favorites




Fall is officially here and the leaves are starting to change! It was a beautiful day to be outside and surprisingly my phone's camera was able to capture the gorgeous colors in the scenery. Sundays are great for recharging for the week and spending time outside is one of my favorite ways to do that. On that note, the hike today gave me the time to think about a few of my favorite things I'm currently enjoying.

  • A great blog, "The Traveling Writer." 
  • Silly children's poems. Maybe it is my memories of reading Shel Silverstein as a child and the nostalgia, but I came across the book on my shelf the other day and couldn't help but flip through it. Here's one of my favorites:
                        All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
                        Layin' in the sun,
                        Talkin' 'bout the things
                        They woulda-coulda-shoulda done...
                        But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
                        All ran away and hid
                        From one little did.
  • Parks & Rec. It is my favorite show and I only recently started watching it. Last week's episode (available on Hulu if you missed it) was hilarious! If you're looking for a good laugh, I recommend it.
  • City & Colour - "Against the Grain." The lyrics perfectly describe what we all often question - how do we follow our heart?

Have a fabulous fall week. Until next time..

Subscribe to The Daily Challenge by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment