Sunday, February 19, 2012

Winding down

A personal favorite way to spend Sunday evenings is winding down the weekend with some mellow tunes and scanning my favorite sites and blogs for fun quotes, yummy recipes, or my own weakness - cute puppy photos. I can't resist them! A few of my favorite mellow evening jams include the blusey-style of Johnny Flynn, the harmonious sounds of Local Natives and the raw and catchy mew album from Dr. Dog, Be the Void. Listen in below and let me know what you think.

On another note... the social scrapbooking site Pinterest has exploded in popularity over the past couple of months - a fascinating topic which I'll write more on in a separate post. For now, I'd like to share a few quotes to start out your week which I recently posted to my Pinterest board, well-said.

"Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own sunshine."
"You cannot always wait for the right time. Sometimes you must dare to jump."
"What matters most is how you see yourself." 
Johnny Flynn, The Wrote and the Writ


Local Natives, Who Knows Who Cares


Dr. Dog, How Long Must I Wait




What are your favorite ways to wind down your weekend?


Subscribe to The Daily Challenge by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment