Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 46

The No Impact Project is next week! The "guide" has officially been released and I'll be honest, it looks pretty challenging! The idea of the project is to reduce your "carbon footprint" to a minimum for one week by eating locally grown foods, reducing the amount of electricity you use, not buying anything (except food or things that are absolutely necessary), using alternative modes of transportation i.e. walking or biking, and recycling. Whew! That's quite a list. I am curious to see if I can do it (hey maybe it's easier than it sounds..) I've attached a link to the guide in case anyone is interested in learning more or joining in and participating too. I think this is a very positive initiative and it would be cool if tons of people across the country took part in it. It's funny how much power one man and a blog can be....

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/noimpactweek.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment