Sunday, May 16, 2010

Due for an adventure..


Yikes! I've seriously been slacking on keeping the blog updated this past week - I think the new "Daily Challenge" is quickly becoming a more of an issue of finding time to post and not necessarily in finding a positive thing to share!

Today I think I've had a few eye-opening moments that I would like to share and I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts. Have you ever felt like you just might be missing out on all of those things that you always say you want to do - the places you want to visit, the people you're going to grab lunch with - all these tentative plans that never really surface. I realized that lately, more than ever, it seems like I am barely taking advantage of the wide world out there. I love my friends, my family, my experiences - and I am so thankful for the wonderful college education that I have and the opportunities that I've had over the years. But the bigger picture seems to be missing the thrill of adventure... and I'm ready for it! I think it's easy to make excuses, with work, school, and other responsibilities. But a great quote that I read on Post Secret today really sums up what I'm trying to say: "Be wise enough not to be reckless, but brave enough to take risks."

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see ya back...college can sure suck up ones time! :-) But think of all the ways you are going to make the world a better place by your education! I like the Post Secret quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, by some standards, you really are doing exactly that....living your life the way YOU want to. Living where YOU want to live. Spending your time and energy developing your sense of self and learning your values. Risk is relative.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that quote too -- it fits you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfectly good reason to create a "Bucket List!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! And so it begins :)

    ReplyDelete