Friday, September 24, 2010

A question to ponder

A question popped into my head today that I could not ingore, and I would love to hear your thoughts on this as well.

Are we happy because of our experiences, or do we create happiness regardless of them?

We have all had different life experiences and made decisions that led us to one place or another. Do we find happiness because of those decisions, or do we create happiness regardless?

Hmmm.

I don't have an answer, and I am not sure that I ever will. On a different note, I encourage you to check out my friend Shannon's new blog, The Brown Bag Gourmet (http://brownbaggourmet.blogspot.com) Her passion for cooking is evident through her writing and a bonus for the readers are the delicious and simple recipes!


Time to go celebrate, because there is no better day than today!

3 comments:

  1. It's probably a little of both. I've seen people with virtually nothing who are very happy, yet know others who have everything and seem very unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pursuit of happiness is a form of suffering....we should strive to be joyful in the moment -

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I agree that we should strive to be joyful in the moment, I think there is a journey that we must take to get to that point in our life, i.e. The Pursuit of Happiness.

    ReplyDelete