Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Three words: Treat your self



As a Parks and Rec enthusiast, I couldn't help but think of this clip from an episode earlier this season in which Tom and Donna celebrate their annual "Treat Yo Self" day. The episode is hilarious but more importantly, brings up a good point. Sometimes you just have to indulge in a bit of TLC to unwind. And honestly, who doesn't love some well-deserved pampering?

This thought actually stems from an accidental occasion last week in which for two days in a row I left my phone charger at work, and came home each evening feeling slightly disconnected and discombobulated with a dead battery and no chance for revival! (Have you ever left your phone at home and felt like you're missing something? It's the strangest thing.) Suddenly the phone calls I had to make and the tasks I'd stored away in my ColorNote app were unattainable, and I was left with no choice but to embrace it.

My unintentional "disconnect" from constantly checking emails, updating my Twitter status, or sending text messages left me with a freedom I don't often experience as I am constantly connected through two Smartphones, a laptop and an iPad - a self-confessed technology junkie I'll admit! In any case, it was with this new found free time that I decided to treat myself to an evening of setting aside the to-do list, turning off the computer and enjoying a book instead, and satisfying my pizza craving with a local award-winning pie that I'd only ever dreamed about trying. It was a relaxing mid-week break and while I typically do enjoy the hustle-and-bustle of the so-called daily grind, the change of pace was welcomed.

So with that, I challenge you to Treat Yo Self this week! Share your stories here.

--C


Subscribe to The Daily Challenge by Email


No comments:

Post a Comment