Sunday, January 17, 2010

Off the beaten path...

It's official. The "Law of Attraction," as defined in The Secret, is seriously, freakishly TRUE! ("Everything that's coming into your life you are attracting into your life. And it's attracted to you by virtue of the images you're holding in your mind. It's what you're thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you.") Yesterday I set out on a trip to southern Ohio to visit my cousin. I "google mapped" the journey and set out around 2:00 p.m. (without my GPS, which was not working and being exchanged for a new one in the meantime.) I got off the highway at Exit 16, turned on to "Crooked Tree Lane" and drove around for quite some time until I started to get the feeling that I was incredibly lost. Let me paint the picture for you - I was on a gravel road, driving up the sides of hills which were nerve-wrackingly slippery from the snow and ice that was still stuck to them, and I was surrounded by cows, haystacks, farms, and zero people anywhere in sight, and 90% of the roads were unmarked, making it near impossible to retrace where I had already driven. Another sidenote - I didn't even have cell phone service because I was literally in the middle of nowhere. So here I am, GPS-less, map-less, and very directionally challenged, and completely turned around and LOST! I had no idea what to do but I managed to maintain my cool. I didn't panic - instead, I told myself over and over that I would make my way back to the highway if it was the last thing I did! I envisioned myself finding the on ramp and safely driving the rest of the journey to Marietta. Minutes kept ticking by (meanwhile the sun had set and it was dark) and despite the lump growing in my throat from nerves, I still repeated over and over that it was going to be OK and somehow, by a divine miracle, I would be led to the highway. I happened to turn down another gravel, unmarked, road and I had a good feeling that this was it. After turning down tons and tons of other roads trying to retrace my path, I just knew in my mind that this was the one I needed. As I turned down the road, a person on a 4-wheeler was driving by in the lane next to me, and he looked at me and waved. Normally, I might be a little "weirded out" by this type of behavior since it isn't 100% normal to wave to people as you drive by. But this time? This was a sign. It was clear as day to me that he was waving to tell me that it's going to be OK, you're going the right direction! And what do you know but less than five minutes later I was back on the highway, happy as a clam, and on my way again. The funny part is that it turned out I was 16 exits short of my destination! How in the world google maps led me there I don't have a clue - but I do know this: Yesterday was a test to show me that when you see something, and believe in it, it WILL happen. By the will of my own mind I was led to safety and it simply can't be explained any other way. So I challenge you to use this power to achieve anything that you want - the sky is the limit! Another piece of advice - don't use google maps unless you are confident in your abilities to outsmart unmarked gravel roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment