- According to Wikipedia: Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy. A variety of biological, psychological, religious, and philosophical approaches have striven to define happiness and identify its sources.
- Dictionary.Com says: –adjective,-pi·er, -pi·est. 1. delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person. 2. characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind. 3. favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky: a happy, fruitful land. 4. apt or felicitous, as actions, utterances, or ideas. 5. obsessed by or quick to use the item indicated (usually used in combination): a trigger-happy gangster. Everybody is gadget-happy these days.
- Merriam-Webster's definition: 1 : favored by luck or fortune : fortunate 2 : notably fitting, effective, or well adapted : felicitous 3 a : enjoying or characterized by well-being and contentment
happiest person I know>b : expressing, reflecting, or suggestive of happiness c : glad, pleased d : having or marked by an atmosphere of good fellowship : friendly 4 a : characterized by a dazed irresponsible state happy boxer> b : impulsively or obsessively quick to use or do something happy>c : enthusiastic about something to the point of obsession : obsessed happy — Helen Rowen>
The list goes on and on. My point being that everyone has a different definition for what "happy" means. In order to know if you're "happy" or fulfilled in your own life, don't you need to know how you, yourself define it? For me, happy means many things:
- Surrounded by loving friends and family
- Taking notice of the simple, beautiful joys in everyday life
- Discovering and learning new things about the world and myself
- Waking up each morning to the opportunity to make every day wonderful
- Sharing positive thoughts and stories with those around me